This blog will no longer be maintained, please visit the main website: http://wayfar1444.com for development updates and news.
Monday, June 28, 2021
Sunday, June 6, 2021
It's been a great experience writing Wayfar 1444. Due to a new job where I won't have reliable internet access, I am going to hand over lead development and management of Wayfar to Code002, who has spent the last couple of months getting familiar with all the game systems.
The entirety of the source code, website, blog, and email administration will be handled by Code002 from now on. This will ensure the game continues development and stays stable.
Thanks to all of the volunteers that contributed to Wayfar, especially Aphteroid and CheechLizard. I'd also like to thank Gilmore and Jed from HellMOO for letting me use their source code. And most of all thanks to the players that enjoy the game and have tried it in the past!
Hawgpadre (aka el management)
Monday, April 26, 2021
Friday, March 12, 2021
First of all, thanks to several player reports and some light weight stress testing of the MOO, several critical and annoying bugs have been fixed (some of them very longstanding).
Here are the priorities for Wayfar 1444 development going forward:
- Lag issues - due to room spawning, there is a lag spike every hour as the room spawning system cleans up rooms. This will be replaced with an instanced room design.
- Civilian AI - civilians are a little wierd in how they respond to events, and not as useful as they could be.
- Finish the psyker background and release it.
- Black market review and fixes - black markets spawn on planets and sell unique, limited edition goods.
- Pirate outpost and base review and fixes.
- Website relaunch!
Beyond that, there is a steady stream of bugs to be fixed, as well as more minor features to be added, like new hackable items, starship improvements, additional perlin noise generation improvements and more.
Friday, February 26, 2021
Server has been up and running well, and email is back online.
If you have an old account with a valid email, you can reset your password if you've forgotten it. For any problems, contact email@example.com - registration emails should arrive within a few minutes. More details on future updates to the MOO and the website will be posted sometime next week.